Masters Level Specialist (IT Audit) – Risk & Advisory Services
BDO is the Irish Member Firm of BDO International, a network with over 1,000 member firm
offices worldwide and the world’s fifth largest accountancy network. Our impressive
headquarters are located in the heart of Dublin where we offer a wide range of services
under the headings Audit, Tax and Advisory.
We are currently seeking a Masters Level Specialist in IT Audit to join our Risk Advisory
Services group. We provide services focused on risk and compliance such as internal audit,
risk management, governance, and risk advisory. This team is comprised of business risk
and information technology risk specialists.
Our IT risk specialists focus on information systems and technologies that manage risk
and/or drive operational, financial and regulatory compliance processes. Our professional
team performs assessments, remediation, implementation and integration of end-to-end
solutions in these areas. They also deliver advisory services focused on risk and compliance
to IT management and senior executives for both external audit and internal audit clients.
The role of Masters Level Specialist in IT Audit within our Risk and Advisory Services
- Participating in a broad variety of audit reviews from planning to completion;
- Evaluation of exceptions and assisting in the development of appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Providing practical and value-added recommendations to clients on issues noted;
- Preparing concise, easily understood and timely oral and written communications;
- Supporting the team in delivering a range of consultative assignments;
- Delivering high quality work within agreed timeframes and budgets, and
- Developing and maintaining personal networks within BDO and in the marketplace.
- Experience, Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Minimum 2.1 Honours Degree and relevant Masters with a focus on Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration;
- Prior experience in internal audit, risk or control desirable but not essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, self-directed, able to work both as a team member and independently
- Ability to deal with people across all levels of an organisation
- Proficient in MS office
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town engagements