Sonra, based in the Grangegorman DIT campus, have a number of full-time and part-time interships available. Here are some of the details, and check out here for more details.
The position is either full time or part time, e.g. as part of stamp 2 work visa
We offer internships now!
* Work with latest, high-demand technologies
* Improve your programming, problem-solving and communication skills
* Flexible work arrangement: full time or part time, in our central office in Dublin or from home
* Paid internship (Depends on experience)
* Brand new offices at Grangegorman DIT campus
* Gym, canteen, basketball courts etc. all on campus
* Experience startup culture first hand
What you will do :
⟢ Participate in collaborative software and system design and development of the new platform
⟢ Enjoy collaborating with other passionate, talented individuals
⟢ Have the opportunity to work with hot, emerging technologies
⟢ Develop highly concurrent, scalable processes
⟢ Design and deploy for high availability
⟢ Share the experience and publish your findings in the form of a blog post
Stuff you should know :
Required Qualifications (Must Have/Should have)
· Solid understanding of the Java ecosystem, Experience with Java/J2EE application development skills
Capable of developing in Scala and/or Java with good understanding of
functional programming, SOLID principles and, concurrency models and
· Strong analytical and coding skills
· Experience with sbt (or Maven) and Git
· Appreciates the CI and CD (Continuous Integration/Development) as well as TDD (Test Driven Development) model
· Expert in object oriented programming
· Good English language Communication Skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Explore and evaluate new ideas and technologies.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex exploratory projects.
· Strong affinity for teamwork and empowering fellow developers.
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have/complimentary):
· Knowledge of BigData and Data Science techniques and technologies
· Experience with Apache Spark, Kafka and/or Flink
· Experience with Data Processing and/or data acquisition
· Familiarity with data exchange formats and technologies: XSD, XML, JSON, XPATH, SAX, DOM is a great plus
· Experience in designing the logical data model (LDM) and implementation of the physical data model (PDM).
· Proficiency with agile development methodologies.
· A strong desire to automate manual processes.
· Knowledge of modern scripting languages, ie. Ruby, Python
· Proficiency with git.
· Proficiency with linux/unix based systems, familiarity with Bash/Shell scripting
Interested? Send us the following to hr @ sonra.io :
* Why do you want to work with us?
* CV with description of your skills, achievements and previous experience.