Data Scientist Position – SPEAR Project
Research Assistant B – Up to 12 Months
The SPEAR project is currently hiring a Data Science / Research Assistant position as part of our Enterprise Ireland funded commercialisation project. This project is expected to run until the end of 2024 with the hope of subsequently developing a spin-out company.
The research assistant will join our dynamic team for a fixed-term period, contributing to the development of innovative solutions in supply chain technology. Responsibilities include:
● Utilising cutting-edge data mining and search methods to develop advanced software solutions.
● Engaging in projects involving retrieval augmented generation, automated agents, and open-source Large Language Models (LLMs).
● Building effective software architectures using open-source Python frameworks and cloud services.
● Report to the Technical Lead of Project Spear.
● Contribute to software design and development.
● Implement and test new features, adhering to best coding practices.
● Ensure the quality and performance of applications through testing and maintenance.
● Present findings and progress in regular updates.
● Contribute to the overall activities of the team as required.
● Manage and prioritise your time effectively to meet project deliverables.
Knowledge and Experience
● Currently pursuing or recently completed a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with a focus on software development or related. (essential)
● Experience in data science / data engineering (essential)
● Familiarity with open-source frameworks and Python. (preferred)
● Experience or strong interest in cloud services. (preferred)
● Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. (essential)
Skills and Abilities
● Strong problem-solving skills and an engineering mindset.
● Ability to work both collaboratively and on your own.
● Eagerness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced start-up atmosphere.
Please apply directly to project PI Robert Ross firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 5th of January at 5pm with an up to date CV and cover letter.